Live Seminars: AAC Insurance Seminar – Basics and Beyond
American Acupuncture Council has led the way on ethical billing, coding and reimbursement for the Acupuncture Profession for over 30 years. We know insurance, and it’s our business to ensure your success. With each seminar meticulously created by our own billing experts, you are guaranteed to receive the most comprehensive and informative course the industry has to offer. We will help you navigate the insurance maze and provide you with the tools necessary to achieve maximum reimbursements. All Seminars begin at 8am and finish at 5pm.
- How it affects your practice
- State by state updates and where acupuncture fits
- Mandatory acupuncture benefits in 5 states
- Equality provision 2707 to pay within scope and non-discrimination (acupuncture, E&M services and physical medicine) Yes it is working and being enforced!
- Understand and utilize insurance to increase your patient volume
- Verification, billing, and collection (common forms and format)
- Aetna, CIGNA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Care et al – Acupuncture protocols for coding and reimbursement
- Understand and resolve common errors that delay or block payment
- Billing for services beyond the 4 acupuncture codes
- Protocols for paper claims, electronic claims, and super bills
- Pros and cons of joining and what you must consider before signing up
- Which are pro-acupuncture and anti-acupuncture
Coding – Procedure and Diagnosis Updates
- ICD9 and ICD10 what is now and what is coming. Common code lists for both code sets
- Evaluation and Management coding – Defining when it is separate from the acupuncture service
- Coding for Tui Na, Gwasha, Cupping, Moxibustion, Massage, Exercise, Heat and physical medicine services
- Documentation requirements for acupuncture, physical medicine and evaluation management codes
- Timed vs untimed services and what is required
- How documentation establishes medical necessity
- How, when and why to use standard outcome assessment tools
- How to integrate insurance to enhance a cash only practice
- Are cash discounts legal?
- Are prepaid plans legal?
- Acupuncturist Role in the Workers’ Compensation System
- Can an acupuncturist be a primary provider?
- Specific state regulations and fee schedule for acupuncture where applicable
- Specific claim for requirements unique to workers compensation
- PERSONAL INJURY
- Understand the role and benefits of acupuncture in personal injury
- How to manage the PI claim including Med Pay, PIP, Third Party and Attorney lien claims
- Understand what it takes to get this patient directly and by referral