AAC Insurance Seminar – Advanced Billing and Coding for the Acupuncture Professional – We Help You Grow Your Practice
ALL STATES ACUPUNCTURE
A highly informative course that will be the best investment in your practice prosperity. In this 8 hour day, learn what you must know and what is on the horizon to guarantee your practice thrives. This course will assist you in taking the next step to bring your practice potential to new heights, and set you on a course of success for the 2018 year
Coding News and Updates
- Spring and Summer updates for Aetna, CIGNA, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, United Health Care, ASH et al – Acupuncture protocols for diagnosis coding and reimbursement specific to each carrier
- ICD10 updates (includes 300+ quick code reference of acupuncture specific codes)
- Fee Schedules – Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, et al
- Update your diagnosis coding skills – Fighting denials and medical necessity often simply improper codes
- RBRVS and RVU values to aid in updating your fee schedule and reimbursement – Most acupuncture offices are losing $20-30 per visit for simple mistakes
- Legalities for discounts- Cash, Prompt Pay, Pre-Paid et al and integrating insurance to a cash practice
- VA Claims and proper use of modifiers and codes unique to the VA Choice Program
Audits & Documentation
- The #1 issue relates to inadequate documentation of services
- Learn what makes an office prone to audits and common red flags.
- Receive knowledge and tools to aid documenting properly all services coded.
- Time requirements for each visit as well as timed services.
- New paradigm of medical necessity – Does your notes and diagnosis substantiate the level of services provided
- Many plans now are seeking preauthorization or using utilization review, will your treatment plan pass? Learn what carriers need to approve your visits
- Evidence based care and active care plans – Why they are important and how to integrate
- How to properly choose and document E&M and assure compliance to the guidelines (examination and consultation differentiation
- Understand how 99203 does not equal 99213 on a re-exam
- Assure you have chosen the correct code based on the level of exam including how many bullets and elements are required for each level of E&M service (E&M guidelines)
- Samples and examples of evaluations that meet requirements
- When, why and how to use extended service and time codes
- Rules for Acupuncture 97810-97814 and properly documenting the level of service
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation codes- What is and is not in the scope of acupuncture
- How to ensure physical medicine is payable under the equality provision of section 2706 of the Affordable Care Act and changes resulting from current rulings
- Learn and understand to use modifiers to ensure reimbursement
- Timed vs untimed services and what is required to satisfy minimum necessary rules
- Coding for Tui Na, Gwasha, Cupping, Moxibustion, Massage, Exercise, Heat and physical medicine services
- How to integrate insurance to enhance a cash-only practice
- Are cash discounts legal?
- Are prepaid plans legal?
- Pros and cons of joining and what you must consider before signing up
- Which are pro-acupuncture and anti-acupuncture
- How to manage and evaluate a PI claim to ensure reimbursement
- PIP, Med Pay & Excess Med Pay and how they reimburse
- Proper diagnosis for the personal injury claim
- What to do about lien claims, LOP’s and attorneys?
- How to make the attorney and ally and advocate to acupuncture
- Acupuncturist Role in the Workers’ Compensation System
- Specific state regulations and fee schedule for acupuncture where applicable
- Specific claim for requirements unique to workers compensation
Please select a location below to register.
REFUND POLICY: 100% REFUND 30 DAYS BEFORE THE SEMINAR START DATE. CREDIT ONLY AFTER 30 DAYS OF THE SEMINAR START DATE FOR 100% PAID AMOUNT, AND IS APPLICABLE TOWARDS ANY FUTURE LIVE SEMINAR. CREDITS NEVER EXPIRE.
**ALL 2018 DATES APPROVED FOR NCCAOM 8 PDAs in professional enhancement cat.
***All 2018 & 2019 CA locations plus Honolulu, HI, and Las Vegas, NV are approved for CA Board (Cat 2) CEUs. Provider #013